- about sam
We are a cutting edge team of artists specialising in custom paintwork. We can take your pride and joy and turn it into a show winner and a head turner. Pride is taken in every project we have and we love what we do. Our passion is translated through our work. With your vision and our expertise coupled with our knowledge, and a passion for old and new styles, anything is possible.
With over 20 years’ experience, AP Customs are regarded as a leading force within the Airbrush and Customs scene. Our work can be seen at most Bike Shows and custom events. With our expanding team, we can offer the full Custom experience under one roof.
Sam is an accomplished artist in a variety of mediums, specialising in Airbrushing, custom paint and Pinstriping. His credits include commissions from celebrity clients such as Microsoft, Arai helmets, Monster Energy, Charles Owen, David Brown Automotive, Aston Martin motor company, Google and YouTube.
Sams passion for motorbikes coupled with his artistic style meant he made a natural progression towards the world of Motorsport and custom Bikes. Working on countless projects for clients all over the world, Sams bikes are all striking and unique. His passion shows through his work and his skills allow him to work on diverse projects and still deliver a consistently high level of quality and finish.
Sam was born in Hanover, Germany in 1971. His mother Catherine, an artist in her own right, encouraged Sam to appreciate the beauty of art. It was to become the focus of his teens and took him to college in Shropshire, England. Having spent years studying Art and History of Art, Sam established his style firmly in the fantasy genre and found the airbrush his weapon of choice.
Sams style has evolved over the years to one that lends itself to many different projects but the key theme is his attention to detail. Using his years of experience, Sam is able to translate from imagination to paint with truly incredible results.
Sam now lives in Warwickshire, UK. Aside from his art, Sam’s loves are his 2 children, Dan and Molly, his rock Kelzibub, and his Harley Davidson Streetglide special.....which itself is about to be adorned with a stunning paint job. Enjoy the gallery and let the artwork do the talking .
We have worked very hard over the years and won many awards for our efforts, below is a list of a few of the bigger awards we have won:
- Unwanted MCC show. Best chopper 2015
- Stourbridge MCC custom show. Best in show IDCS SHOW. Best head turner 2015
- Blackthorn MCC show . Best bike Stourbridge MCC show. Best paint Unwanted 2015
- MCC show. Wolfies choice. Public vote. 2015
- Blood sweat and gears show. Best paint 2015
- Original diamond chopper club.. Best paint. 2015
- Unwanted MCC show. Best engineering 2015
- Future MCC show. Best in show 2015
- Cernunnos MCC show. Best paint. Best chopper. Best in show. 2015
- Northants Chopper Club Show. Best paint 2014
- Blood sweat and Gears show. Best paint & best Chopper Green Turtles MCC 2014
- show. Best paint Brackley custom bike show. Show winner. 2014
- National Chopper Club. Best paint 2014
- IDCS show. Best yank 2014
- Blackthorn MCC show. Best bike 2014
- Billing custom show. Best paint. 2014
- BEST PAINT ROCK N BLUES 2009.
- BEST MODIFIED MINI L2B 2009.
- BEST SPORTS MCN 2008.
- BEST IN SHOW MCN 2008.
- RUNNER UP TRIKE NOTTS ROCK N BIKE FEST 2008.
- RUNNER UP BEST PAINT RnBF 08.
- RUNNER UP STREETFIGHTER BULLDOG BASH 2008.
- BEST PAINT BMF GEMS 2008.
- BEST TRIKE ROCK N BLUES 2007.
- BEST BRITISH CHOP ROCK N BLUES 2007.
- RUNNER UP OLD SCHOOL CHOP BULL DOG BASH 2007.
- BEST PAINT BMF GEMS 2007.
- RUNNER UP BATH & WEST 2007.
- BEST METRIC BMF GEMS 2007.
- BEST MCN SPORTS 2007.
- BEST IN SHOW MCN 2007.
- RUNNER UP NEC SHOW CAROL NASH EXTREME BRITAIN’S GOT BIKER TALENT 2007.